Saturday, April 7, 2012

99/99: Bernachon Palet d'Or Gâteau


Ninety nine cakes in three hundred and sixty five days. And it's done.

General thoughts about the moment:

My feet hurt and my arms are covered in chocolate.

What on earth am I going to do with all of these cake pans and plates?

And then there's the big question that I've been asked 99 times this week: What's next?



At the moment though, I don't really care about all of those things.  All I care about is that I'm DONE!

My book doesn't look quite as glamorous as it did a year ago.  There's no doubt that it's loved though:




I've been saving the Bernachon Palet d'Or gâteau for the last one because its the one on the cover.  It seemed appropriate to do that one last.

The process wasn't too bad either. The cake itself was a breeze.




The only strange part about it was in the ganache: instead of using creme fraiche and heavy cream, you could substitute sour cream. Of course that's what I did because creme fraiche is too expensive and it turned out to be fantastic.  I actually almost like ganache better that way.  It also called for some creme de cassis and vanilla to have an extra little zest of flavor. Yum.  I can't wait to taste it tomorrow!

And then it was picture time-- for the last cake.  It was a poetic moment- the sun setting in the distance creating a "heavenly" atmosphere with my cake reflecting the golden sun beams. 


I was rushing to post everything by midnight and I got them in all on time!! As soon as it hit 12:00 my mom popped open a bottle of bubbly to celebrate!


"Qu'ils mangent de la brioche." Or as we commonly say, "let them eat cake!" And we most certainly did.

5 comments:

  1. So proud of you. CONGRATS! And how sweet of your mama to stay up and celebrate with you! HAPPY EASTER!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katie!!

      And yes, wasn't that great! My mom's a good one =)

      Happy Easter to you too!

      Delete
  2. ב''ה

    Wow! You really did it. So fast. Well done! Everything looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to give this wonderful article. I really enjoyed to read this article.....

    ReplyDelete