Saturday, March 3, 2012

85/99: Baby Lemon Cheesecake


I started to make these almost every day this week but it didn't actually work out until last night. It's been an incredibly busy week with midterms but I did well and now they are behind me! Hooray!

But the most exciting new is that my strawberries flowered and my tulips are about to bloom!!!  No lie. I haven't killed them and so it's time to celebrate.


Enter cake.


These had several steps because you had to make the biscuit base from the Apple Caramel Charlotte. I can't believe its been almost a year since I made that Charlotte. It gave me a little flashback.

This part of the Charlotte was the easy part (the rest was a nightmare). You just whip up the batter and pour it into a baking sheet.



Once it's done, I used the top from the bottle of PAM to cut the cakes into little circles.


And then plopped them right in the silicone muffin pan:


Then for the cheesecake: Its basically just cream cheese, sugar, eggs, lemon juice, and sour cream.  You mix it all together and then put it in a plastic bag to pipe it into the pan:



Then they were ready for the oven! For some reason I couldn't find what temperature to bake them on in the book... maybe it was a typo or maybe I wasn't looking in the right place? The biscuit baked at 450 so I thought maybe Rose wanted me to just keep that temperature.  That also seemed really high because most cakes are in the 350 range so I compromised and baked them at 400.  It worked out pretty well.

Once they cooled, I topped them with a lemon curd

Then someone stole my camera and had a little photo shoot with our cat.  I thought Cooper deserved a little shout out:


The lemon cheesecakes were really creamy and pretty.  They are perfect for summer (maybe it was a little too early in the year for me to make them?). I am not a huge fan of lemon though so I thought they were possibly a little too strong.  Liz tasted it and thought the same thing.  I still have a lot of them in my fridge so we'll see what other friends think when they grab one.

Rose's Heavenly Cakes- page 327

No comments:

Post a Comment