Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Mary Lindsey's Wedding Cake



Mary Lindsey is MARRIED!!!!

Mary Lindsey and I have been friends since we were little girls at Highlands Presbyterian Church.  We went through many VBS's, RYM trips, church lock ins, and so many other events together.  She is a beloved friend, and I was absolutely THRILLED and honored when she asked me to her wedding cake (and groom's cake!!). 

Mary Lindsey and Troy ordered the bobble heads for the wedding cake topper which turned out to be adorable.

For the cake she gave me some pictures that she liked and said that she wanted it to be pretty simple.   The product was a 4 tiered lemon almond cake with grooved, lined sides, and a smooth top.  The icing is a cream cheese icing inspired by Rose Levy Beranbaum, though I added my own touch as well. Mine is much sweeter (we are Southerners!!) and more fluffy.

I made an extra cake top tier for Mary Lindsey so that they could serve the entire cake at the wedding. I told the server that she was allowed to cut the top tier since we had an extra, but I swear she thought I was crazy.   I don't think she believed that I actually made the wedding cake.  In the end though, I believe the whole cake was gone.

The evening was enchanting. I am so happy for Mary Lindsey and Troy and wish them a life time of happiness!!




No comments:

Post a Comment